White Bean Chicken Soup
An easy, comforting soup that adds zest to rainy afternoons.
Serve With: rice
- Country Choice soup pack
- 1 kg Kenchic boneless chicken, cooked and shredded
- 3 tbsps. sunflower oil
- 1 chopped large onion
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsps. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- ½ kg potato wedges
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans white beans (rinsed)
- ½ cup mixed herbs (such as chives and coriander)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Heat 3 tbsps. sunflower oil until shimmering over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add the chopped onion and celery, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Stir frequently until soft for 10 minutes. Add dried oregano and sesame seeds, cooking until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add the potato wedges and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in the white beans adding the shredded chicken and cook until heated through and the potatoes are tender for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the ½ cup chopped mixed herbs and a cup of fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Copyright@ 2022 Country Choice