Try this Pepper Chicken at your next get together! We guarantee your friends and family will be licking their fingers!
Serve With: Rice
- 500 g Country Chocie chicken cubes
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper, cubed
- 3 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp. red chili powder
- 2 tsp. tomato paste/puree
- 1 tbsp. roughly crushed black pepper (freshly cracked)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Fresh dhania for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a pan, add chopped onions and fry until lightly golden.
- Then add the ginger and garlic pastes. Fry for a few seconds then add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook these until completely softened.
- Next, add the chicken cubes, chopped chilli and capsicum. Sprinkle the salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and half the pepper powder.
- Stir fry on high heat for a few minutes, then add a splash of water. Cover and simmer on low heat until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Finally sprinkle the remaining black pepper, taste and adjust salt and squeeze in the lemon juice. Give it a final stir and turn off the heat.
- Serve with a side of rice.
Copyright@ 2021 Country Choice