Fried Chicken Gizzards
A traditional recipe straight from the Kenyan countryside! Perfect with a side of chips!
Serve With: rice
- Country Choice gizzards
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Trim excess fat and gristle from chicken gizzards. Rinse under cold running water.
- Place gizzards in a pot of cold water. Bring water and gizzards to a rolling boil; continue to boil for about 15 minutes. Strain gizzards using a colander.
- Allow to cool. Meanwhile, combine the flour, seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a plastic bag. Shake well to combine.
- Preheat vegetable oil in a skillet with a lid over medium-high heat to 190 degrees C. Thoroughly coat gizzards with flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Gently lay the coated gizzards in the hot oil. Cook until brown. Reduce heat to medium; cover skillet with a lid and cook another 10 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm/hot with rice.
Copyright@ 2023 Country Choice