Chicken Koroga Recipe:
Chicken Koroga is always perfect for outdoor get-togethers. Enjoy it on afternoons filled with the laughter, cool drinks, and warm sunshine.
Serve With: rice
- 12 Country Choice chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp spice of your choice (cumin, coriander or curry powder)
- Salt, as needed
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- water, as needed
- Handful chopped fresh coriander for garnishing
- Heat the sunflower oil and butter, then add the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and stir them in until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green chillies and cook on low heat, stirring regularly until the mixture is thick and mushy.
- Add the chicken pieces and sprinkle your preferred powdered spice (cumin, coriander or curry powder) then add some salt.
- Stir everything together on high heat until the chicken turns white and its' surface gets sealed.
- Add a cup of water, turn the heat down, cover the pan and allow the chicken to simmer gently for 30 minutes, occasionally uncover and give everything a stir.
- Add the cubes of potatoes and some water as needed. Stir and cover again, maintain the heat on low.
- Allow the potatoes to cook until completely tender. Taste and adjust for salt, then turn off the heat and sprinkle chopped coriander. Serve with accompaniments of your choice.
Copyright@ 2023 Country Choice